PET A (my experience in class) ALEXIS ORTIZ

ANECDOTE (UNIT 1, Grammar Tag Questions, develop your cultural awareness)

When we reviewed unit 1, I remembered an incredible anecdote that made me think about what we were reviewing in that unit. 6 years ago I traveled to India, I went with my family and my girlfriend. When we arrived we admired each other a lot for how the culture, society and especially the gastronomy of India was. The next day since I arrived in India, I had a strange experience, my girlfriend and I wanted to go alone to see what to eat on the street, and we saw a food cart, we did not know how to communicate with them, so we pointed out an image that was on the menu, and he served us a dessert called '' Gulab Jamun '', and my girlfriend and I tried it, but we were afraid that it had a bad taste, but it was all the contrary, it was the most delicious thing that had tasted, and my girlfriend told me, it was delicious, wasn't it?


 

EXPERIENCE (UNIT 2, health matters, Symptoms, Grammar with Must)

When we reviewed unit 2, I was reminded of a disastrous experience, when I broke two teeth, and then I was reminded of the health matters. When I was 16 years old, I was a selected cyclist from the province, and I went to represent my province in Cuenca, it was the most difficult race I have had in my entire life. In that race I had a very serious accident because I fell in the last jump and broke two teeth and was unconscious. Sometime later I woke up in an ambulance with a lot of pain in my hip, in my chest and in my jaw. But when I got to the hospital they helped me and the doctor at that hospital told me, you must visit a dentist, so I went to the dentist to help me with my teeth, and I was very scared because I didn't know what he was going to do to me, but at the end of the day everything was fine. It was a crazy experience.






MEMORY (UNIT 5, Natural disasters, Indirect speech Say and tell, Emergency preparations and supplies)

When we reviewed unit 5, I remembered a memory that never left my head. When I was a child, I don't remember how old I was, I went out with my dad to buy things at the market, when my dad parked and told me he was coming back, and he put my seat belt on and left. When suddenly the car began to move and people shouted and ran everywhere, I was very scared and cried, because I did not know what was happening and suddenly my daddy came and took me out of the car and said, son here I am, everything is going to be fine and I hug myself and we stand in the middle of the street. But everything ended very quickly, and when it was all over my father told me let's go, that was an earthquake, when that kind of natural disaster happens, you should evacuate people because it's very dangerous.

 



GAME (Kahoot!)

The most interesting and fun game we practice in class is called Kahoot! For me, it is a very practical game and you learn a lot.

Kahoot! is a game on a platform that can be used in many different ways. Some teachers create entire lessons around a kahoot game or run activities where students create their own content in Kahoot! In which cases Kahoot is the core of the lessons.

We use this game to give lessons and make the classes more dynamic, we compete to see who is the student with the highest score. the game consists in that, our teacher, determining a topic of a unit, and through Kahoot! She asks us different things, and we must answer very quickly to gain more score.




MOTIVATIONAL PHRASE

Don't tell me how many exams you have, or how many sheets each course has. Do not tell me about your work, the copies or books you have bought either. It doesn't matter that. It doesn't even matter what grade you got. That does not determine you.

Better tell me that you want to come to fulfill that dream. And promise that you will not give up at any time. Because the most difficult battles are for the brave. Brave like you and me! There is no use giving up. When you feel that you are about to give up, remember why you started and the objectives set. If you give up today, the effort you made yesterday was useless. So look ahead, to the future, because the best is yet to come. Think, would you miss it?

 



RECOMMENDATION

The only recommendation that I make to the teaching staff is that they have more consideration that we do not all have the same conditions of time or technology as the rest of the students. Also that they should consider reducing the value of the pension because we are not using the university facilities.




DIARY


5 comentarios:

  1. The association of the subject of disasters with the memory of when I was a child is a little surprising and interesting.
    I think that the images could be more attractive to make this topic more cool .

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Alexis
    I hope you are very well with your family and friends I have read your experiences and memories and it seems gret to me for the extreme sports you practice becouse it must be a lot of adrenaline.
    English classes have been different from the ones we have had ande we are not very used to it but hopefully we will always get ahead and be successful.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I find your trip to India very interesting and enviable. Without a doubt, traveling around the world and learning about new cultures must be a wonderful experience. I hope that in the future you can continue traveling and fulfilling your dreams.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Alexis, your experience was quite difficult, I understand perhaps because of the pain you had to go through. But the important thing is that you recovered and today you are fine.
    Very good experiences in class, it makes you remember many things.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello again Alexis, let me tell you that your content is simple but expresses a lot and that is very good.
    I really like to see the photos of your experiences and anecdotes.
    I find them risky activities but I am very happy that you do your favorite sports.
    Thank you for your motivational words and I recommend that you continue to be a very happy and very responsible boy ...
    A hug

    ResponderEliminar

Biography